Sleep Apnea In Powell, TN
Sleep apnea affects millions globally and can lead to several health issues, including heart disease. While there are several types of sleep apnea, the most common one is named obstructive sleep apnea. It occurs when the muscles in the back of your throat is not able to keep the airway open, causing breathing to stop or become shallow when you sleep.
At Knoxville Smile Center, our experienced dentists can help you treat the condition using an oral appliance designed to keep the airway open when you sleep. The custom-made dental appliance can improve the quality of your sleep and help manage the condition.
Benefit Of Using Dental Appliance For Sleep Apnea
Our dentists at Knoxville Smile Center prescribe dental appliances to patients with mild to moderate sleep apnea who have not found relief from other treatments, along with continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy. The devices are also commonly used for patients in Powell, TN, who cannot tolerate CPAP therapy or prefer a less invasive treatment option.
The benefits of utilizing a dental appliance for sleep apnea include the following:
- Improved breathing during sleep
- Reduced snoring
- Improved sleep quality
- Increased energy and alertness during the day
- Reduced risk of developing complications associated with sleep apnea, such as stroke, high blood pressure, and heart disease
How Do You Use Your Dental Appliance?
Using your oral device for sleep apnea in Powell, TN, requires careful fitting and regular maintenance to ensure it functions properly and provides effective treatment. Here are a few practical tips that can help you get the best results:
- Ensure that your device is custom-fitted, so it is comfortable and effective. At Knoxville Smile Center, we use the latest 3D scanning technology to design a tailor-made device for you.
- Keeping your oral device clean is essential to prevent bacteria buildup and maintain its functionality.
- Monitoring your progress and reporting any problems or concerns to your healthcare professional is also essential.
- Replace the device when suggested by our dentist in Powell, TN.
Please schedule an appointment at Knoxville Smile Center to learn how sleep apnea dental appliances can help get the quality of sleep you deserve.