Oral Cancer Screenings In Powell, TN
Oral cancer can have life-threatening consequences if left undetected and untreated. At Knoxville Smile Center, Dr. Michael J Solly believes in early detection and prevention, so we offer comprehensive oral cancer screening services.
Our state-of-the-art facilities and experienced, compassionate dentist is dedicated to assisting you in maintaining optimal oral health and protecting you from diseases like cancer.
What Are Some Early Symptoms Of Oral Cancer?
Cancer can manifest in several ways. During the oral cancer screenings in Powell, TN, our experienced dentist near you looks for abnormalities to catch the symptoms in their early stages.
Here are some common early symptoms of cancer that should be aware of-
- Oral sores or ulcers that do not heal.
- Discomfort or pain in the mouth or throat, especially when swallowing.
- Difficulty swallowing or chewing.
- Changes in the tongue or mouth, such as white or red patches or bumps.
- Numbness or tingling sensation in the mouth or lips.
- Swelling or lumps in the mouth or neck.
Our oral cancer screening near you is designed to be comprehensive and effective, and it involves a visual examination and manual palpation of the oral cavity and surrounding tissues.
It allows Dr. Michael J Solly to detect any abnormalities or potential signs of oral cancer. Sometimes, we recommend additional diagnostic tests, such as biopsy or imaging, to confirm a diagnosis.
How To Prepare For Your Oral Cancer Screenings
Oral cancer screenings are short, minimally invasive sessions at our dental clinic. While you don’t need special preparation to get ready for your session, here are a few things you should keep in mind-
- Avoid eating food or drinking anything for at least 2 hours before your appointment.
- You should maintain good oral hygiene before your dental appointment. Brush, floss, and use mouthwash before your session to ensure you feel clean and fresh.
- Our dentist in Powell, TN, recommends avoiding smoking, drinking, or using tobacco products for at least 24 hours before the screening session.
Please schedule an oral cancer screening appointment at Knoxville Smile Center today. Remember, prevention and early detection are essential to maintain optimal oral health.