Emergency Dentistry In Powell, TN
We have all experienced sudden dental issues that require urgent attention at some point. It could be a chipped tooth, severe toothache, broken dental appliance, or any other dental emergency. Immediate treatment is necessary to relieve pain and prevent further complications.
At Knoxville Smile Center, our emergency dental services are designed to provide timely, compassionate, and effective treatment for any dental emergency you may experience. Our experienced and skilled emergency dentist in Powell, TN, is always ready to help, whether it is a weekend, holiday, or after-hours.
What Is Considered A Dental Emergency?
Any dental issue that necessitates immediate attention from our dentist near you to alleviate pain, stop bleeding, or prevent permanent damage to your teeth, gums, or mouth is a dental emergency.
Some common dental emergencies include:
- Intense, throbbing, or sharp pain in or around a tooth.
- A broken, cracked, or chipped tooth.
- A tooth that is completely dislodged from the socket.
- A missing or damaged filling or crown.
- Bleeding and painful gums
- A broken or damaged denture
If you experience these situations, you must seek immediate treatment from Dr. Michael J Solly at Knoxville Smile Center to prevent further complications and relieve pain.
What To Do In A Dental Emergency?
The best action in a dental emergency is to seek professional care immediately. Call our emergency dentistry near you to schedule an emergency appointment and get the treatment you need to restore your dental health.
While you wait to be evaluated by our emergency dentist, use the following tips to minimize the pain and prevent the situation from worsening-
- In case of moderate to severe toothache, rinse your mouth with lukewarm water and take over-the-counter pain medication to relieve pain.
- If you have broken or chipped your tooth, apply an ice pack to reduce swelling.
- If you have knocked your tooth out, pick it up holding the crown, gently rinse it with water, place it in a container with milk, and bring it to your appointment with Dr. Michael J Solly.
Please schedule an appointment at Knoxville Smile Center for quick and compassionate emergency dentistry in Powell, TN.