Dental Exams And Cleanings In Powell, TN
Regular dental exams and cleanings ensure good oral health and a beautiful smile. These appointments allow our dentist near you to detect and diagnose dental problems before they become more serious.
At Knoxville Smile Center, our experienced and trained dentist aims to provide personalized care that promotes healthy teeth and gums, prevents dental problems, and enhances oral health.
What Happens During A Dental Exam?
Regular dental exams and cleanings in Powell, TN, have numerous benefits. They help prevent cavities, detect gum disease, and maintain oral health. Additionally, detecting and treating dental problems early on saves you time, money, and distress in the long run.
A dental exam is a comprehensive oral health evaluation to identify dental problems and recommend appropriate treatment.
During a typical dental exam by our dentist in Powell, TN, you can expect the following to happen:
- Dr. Michael J Solly will ask you about your medical history, including medical conditions, medications, and allergies.
- Our dentist will visually inspect your teeth, gums, tongue, inside of your cheeks, and other parts of your oral cavity for signs of dental problems.
- X-rays may be taken to detect dental problems that our dentist can’t see during a visual exam.
- We will also check your gums and surrounding tissue.
- Based on your exam results, Dr. Michael J Solly will recommend any necessary treatments to address any identified dental problems. It may include fillings, root canals, extractions, or other treatments.
What Is Dental Cleaning?
Dental cleaning, also known as teeth cleaning or prophylaxis, is a preventive dental procedure that involves the removal of plaque, tartar, and other debris from the teeth and gums. At Knoxville Smile Center, this procedure is typically performed by our dental hygienist or dentist, and we recommend it twice a year for most people.
During dental cleaning, we use specialized tools to clean your teeth thoroughly. Cleaning typically involves scaling, polishing, flossing, and fluoride treatment.
If you are due for dental exams and cleanings near you, contact Knoxville Smile Center to schedule an appointment today. Our dentist would love to help you reach your smile goals.