Dental Crowns In Powell, TN
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps placed over weakened or decayed teeth to improve their shape, size, strength, and appearance. Crowns are often placed after a root canal to protect the tooth from further damage.
At Knoxville Smile Center, Dr. Michael J Solly also uses dental crowns to cover dental implants, anchor a dental bridge, or improve the appearance of discolored or misshapen teeth.
What Are Different Types Of Dental Crowns?
Several types of dental crowns are available at Knoxville Smile Center. The type of crown best for you depends on the tooth’s location, budget, and personal preferences.
Here are the most commonly used dental crowns in Powell, TN:
These are the most popular dental crowns near you because they closely match the color of your natural teeth and provide a highly aesthetic result.
These are similar to porcelain crowns, but they are made using a different material that is stronger and more durable.
These crowns are made from metals such as gold, platinum, or alloys of base metals like nickel or chromium. They are highly durable and long-lasting.
Our dentist in Powell, TN, will help you choose the type of dental crown best for your specific needs and budget.
The Process Of Getting Dental Crowns
It typically requires two visits with Dr. Michael J Solly to get dental crowns. Here is what happens during the different stages of the procedure-
- Consultation and Examination: Our dentist will examine your oral health to determine if a crown is necessary.
- Tooth Preparation: It involves removing decay or damage and shaping the tooth to accommodate the crown.
- Impression: After the tooth is prepared, our dentist near you will take an impression of the tooth and the surrounding teeth and gums.
- Temporary Crown: While you wait for your custom-made permanent crown, our dentist will place a temporary crown on the tooth to protect it.
- Placement of the Permanent Crown: At your subsequent visit, Dr. Michael J Solly will replace the temporary crown with a permanent one.
- You will also need follow-up appointments to check the crown and make necessary adjustments.
Please book an appointment at Knoxville Smile Center for a healthy, problem-free smile with high-quality crowns.